Patient Access is a service provided by EMIS that allows you to access your practice online. Patient Access includes a number of optional features, including:
- Checking, booking and cancelling appointments.
- Checking your medication and ordering repeat medication.
- Updating your contact information, including mobile phone number and email address.
- Sending messages to your practice, so avoiding the need for a phone call for routine enquiries. Your practice may not offer all these features.
How do I register?
1. Register with a letter
You can register by firstly visiting your practice in person and requesting a registration letter which will enable you to set up a full account. This needs to be requested when you visit the practice and will require identification. Once you have the letter you can then enter the details from the letter into the registration form.
2. Register without a letter
You can also register for the service online without a letter. This process will check to see if your practice uses Patient Access and create a basic account that allows you to book an appointment.
If you use this option, to get access to the complete features that your practice offers you will need to visit them in person and take ID with you.
For further help search the Knowledge Base.